Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Being Me

I can only be me
The things I portray are the things I am
The things Ive seen are the things Ive become
I cant be someone I'm not because Ive grown into who I am
To be ones self is to be true to you not to change because of pressure that has made others succumb
Ive grown into me a slight depiction of what came before
I gathered from the womb characteristics of man and woman
Through life i have learned lessons not only  from my mistakes but also yours therefore
You have blessed upon me lessons that otherwise i may not have ever known
I cant escape my past nor can i run from my future
I can only promise to be who I am in the present and consider the current as a gift
I shall not speak down upon ones personality as if i was the ultimate teacher
I can only live as who I am through my soul I am one with
I'm not a complex person at brain nor heart
But I'm also not one to always be plain blunt and simple
I cant be who you want me to be in the future because i wasn't that from the start

No comments:

Post a Comment